- 1 cup baby carrots, halved
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 package (about 8-9 oz) turkey kielbasa, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 cups chicken broth $
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (15.8-ounce) cans Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- Heat EVOO in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook a couple minutes. Add carrots,, garlic, and kielbasa; sauté 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium; cook 5 minutes. Add the broth, Italian seasoning, pepper, and beans. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Place 2 cups of the soup in a food processor (I chose to use more of the beans/kielbasa/carrot mixture than liquid), and process until smooth. Return the pureed mixture to pan. Simmer an additional 5 minutes. Remove soup from heat.
I adapted this recipe from the Cooking Light recipe found here. I honestly forgot to use the spinach, as it calls for at the end. I think I'll add that next time. Try it and let me know how you like it!